Another in a long line of superb Erica Ehm interviews! Alice Cooper seems like a pretty easy guy to interview, but in the late 80s Alice was on the cutting edge (pun intended) of horror-themed live shows. He was a more controversial figure then, but as usual, Erica had a great rapport with her guests. As a bonus, Alice brought with him Kane Roberts to premiere his new solo album and music video “Rock Doll”.
The two guys banter back and forth like a comedy duo, while Erica peppers them with both fun and topical questions. This interview is a must-see front to back. Topics covered:
- The stage show circa 1987, when Alice was going full-on with the blood and gore
- Is Kane the Rambo of rock and roll?
- Alice on Lemmy
- Jokes about snakes
- Acting, horror, and John Carpenter using some of Alice’s stage tricks in Prince of Darkness
- The script that Alice and Kane wrote called Scarebox
- Drinking and drugs
- Hilarious “Pepsi ad”
- Kane on Alice (Several great moments here.)
- Upcoming bands like E-Z-O, Guns N’ Roses, and Faster Pussycat
- Tipper Gore!
- Can rock and roll go to far?
When I was a kid, I watched this interview over and over again. I even used it in a highschool project on censorship. This is a full Power Hour episode (sans music) and you want to watch the whole show from start to finish.