The LeBrain Train: 2000 Words or More with Mike Ladano
Episodes 57 and 58 – Max the Axe & Easter Special weekend!
Happy Easter everyone — a weekend I have traditionally looked forward to ever since I was a kid. Spring is in the air! The last two Easters have been pretty weird, but I’m glad to spend some time with you during this global crisis. It’s only getting worse currently here in Ontario as the third wave threatens to undo all our progress. So, this weekend I’ll be doing two shorter shows instead of one long one. Here’s the plan:
Thursday April 1 – Max the Axe “Straight Outta Lockdown” session – 7:00 PM E.S.T.
For the first time in almost a year, Max the Axe reunited for a rehearsal. It was rough and ragged but lead vocalist Uncle Meat has given me the thumbs-up to play some songs from this session, including the brand new “Pygmy Blowdart”. Special guest: the one, the only Max himself!
Friday April 2 – Good Friday – Easter Memories – 7:00 PM E.S.T.
Similar to the “Christmas Memories” show from last year. I had a lot of good Easters. Join me on Good Friday for some happy memories, musical and otherwise. Such as:
- Easter ’85 – Condition Critical in Ottawa
- Easter ’86 – Quiet Riot air guitar weekend, Turbo, Crossbows & Catapults on the kitchen floor
- Easter ’87 – Digging trenches in the back yard for GI Joe.
- Easter ’88 – Skyscraper in Ottawa
- Easter ’91 – Welcome to My Nightmare?
- Easter ’92 – Pandora’s study regime
- Easter ’16 – Record Store shopping in Ottawa
Hope to see you this weekend on the LeBrain Train. NEXT WEEK: Andy Curran!