Fantastic interview by Erica Ehm once again, with Reb Beach and Kip Winger. Lengthy session too, 23 minutes in total! Starting with some country riffs (Reb on 6-string, Kip on 12-string), the boys defied the expectations of the early 90s and proved they could really play — and how! For the Winger guys, it was already “first thing in the morning”, otherwise known as “mid-afternoon” to us; Kip had his cup of coffee ready! (Really good coffee, according to Erica.)
Sad observation: We’ve seen past interviews with groups like Bon Jovi, where throngs of fans were banging on the big MuchMusic windows. Winger only got a couple curious onlookers pulling faces. Too bad.
- “Can’t Get Enuff” (at the 5:30 mark)
- “Who’s The One” (17:30 in)
- Why were Winger not as big in Canada as they were at home?
- Playing for musicians
- Videos / “the image”
- The art of songwriting / lyrics
- Why was the new album called Pull?
- Reb’s instructional guitar video
- Chris Robinson, Lars Ulrich, Beavis and Butt-head, and other critics
- Playgirl magazine!
- Being “rock stars”
Winger ends the session with a blues jam.
Awesome acoustic tunes and a fantastic interview. Check it out below.