1993: Native Tongue was not doing well on the charts, but MuchMusic dutifully had Bret Michaels and new guitarist Richie Kotzen on hand for an interview with Erica Ehm. It’s a pretty solid 10 minutes, touching on the following topics:
- Getting “serious” lyrically
- Safe sex
- C.C. leaving the band, Bobby breaking his hand
- Reasons for being in a band, still
- The “Stand” video, and the Bill Clinton inauguration
- Bret writing “country music”?
- Toning down the image
Richie Kotzen utters one complete sentence the whole time. This interview is remarkable not because Bret Michaels is always entertaining, but because Richie Kotzen didn’t fit in and it’s painfully obvious.