RECORD STORE TALES Part 183: Klassic Kwotes X – The Final Chapter
Finally the Klassic Kwotes well has run dry. Enjoy Part X, for now this feature will be put on ice. I have a new feature that I’ll be starting really soon. Until then, here’s the final 10 quotes from the Record Store days…
1. It boggled my mind that people would expect a cheap used CD of a good album to just sit there. So it always made me wonder what people were thinking when they’d say, “What do you mean that used copy of Dark Side of the Moon isn’t here anymore? It was here last week!”
2. “I really want a job. It doesn’t have to be at your store, I just want a job. Can you tell me how to get one?” Real phone call.
4. Generic but frequent question: “Do you have any European trance techno jungle DJ mix discs?” Then, when you’d ask for a title or name to give you something to look up, they’d never know the name of a song or an artist.
5. “I just want one song on this CD. Can I just buy a blank CD, and you burn it for me?
6. “Do you have any of those complication albums?” Compilation albums.
9. “I have a CD to sell here. One slight problem, not a big deal. The front cover is for one CD, and the back cover is from a different CD. Oh, and the disc inside isn’t either of those. Can you take it?”
10. “Do you guys buy used CD cases? Like the plastic shells?” No! Nobody does! They just throw them out!
This guy is hilarious.
NEXT TIME ON RECORD STORE TALES…