Max the Axe went off the rails of the LeBrain Train, and we were hanging on for the ride!
This wide ranging interview with all four Max the Axe band members included the following subjects:
- How they got their nicknames (fan question from Jeff Taylor and Tee Bone)
- Recording on 1″ analog tape vs. digitally
- Trying to make a record during the pandemic
- Gigs (or lack thereof)
- Cover tunes
- A 40 year-old tune that sounds current today
- New track “Iron Cross”
- New track “Droid” (which neither Meat nor Dave heard of before tonight)
- Remixes of “Scales of Justice” and “Randy” for a new release
- Lyrics, storytelling and getting political
- LeBrain’s Cinco De-Listo Top Five Max the Axe songs
- Meat’s “retirement” & future of the band
Thank you to Harrison the Mad Metal Man who helped me helm this car crash that you just can’t look away from!
Harrison and Uncle Meat back to discuss key albums of the year 1981! This is both a sequel to a show I did least year with Superdekes, and also a sister show to Scotch On the Rocks’ own special on the year 1981 featuring Deke and Muc. I was unable to participate in that show myself, but still wanted to celebrate four decades of great albums from that year. Join us next week!