GETTING MORE TALE #578: TFCon 2017
Hold onto your scraplets, I have literally a shat-ton of photos from Toronto TFCon 2017!
I’ve never been to TFCon before. Buddy Jason has been trying to get me to go for years. This is the first time the planets aligned and I went with Jay with two goals:
- Pick out a gift for myself from my mother-in-law (who is awesome that way).
- Pick out something smaller for myself.
Jay picked me up around 7:00 am and we hit the road. We discussed strategies and vendors and I quickly realized that this was going to be epic.
I’ll let the massive photo gallery here speak for itself. For official and third party figures, I have never seen anything like it before.
The goodie bag you get for paying your $35 entrance fee was kind of crap. It had some flavoured water and a Schick razor. The TFCon bag itself will get more use than the Schick.
One of the coolest figures was the Con exclusive from OcularMax. Diaclone Paris Dakar Rally Terraegis is a mouthful, but it’s the yellow truck in the gallery below. Look at the detailed deco. Those aren’t stickers!
They also had prototypes of forthcoming third party figures. One of these was the giant FansToys Omega Supreme (mentioned earlier here). Another was a really sharp looking pair of jets for a new Masterpiece Aerialbots set.
The items I purchased were:
- Takara Titans Return Wheelie from the fine folks at TF Source! – $25 Canadian. A real winner.
- Transformers Collectors Club Impactor – $120 Canadian. Cheapest I’ve seen.
- Third party company FansToys Phoenix – an homage to G1 Skyfire in Masterpiece scale. From The Chosen Prime.
I just found a new annual pilgrimage. Thanks Jay — can’t wait for next year!