Big thanks to 2020 for making this our most successful year at mikeladano.com yet. The final tally is:
284,513 hits from 135,708 unique viewers. This is a massive uptick from our previous best year, 2018, which received “only” 215,440 views. Thank you pandemic, because that’s what this totally is. I had no new ideas for 2020; I had given up on “growth”, only for 2020 to come to the rescue with a goddamn pandemic!
One way you can tell this uptick had nothing to do with me: All the top hits are old, old posts with deep roots on Google searches.
- VAN HALEN – Zero – 2331 hits
- AMERICAN DAD – Persona Assistant – 2133 hits
- #551: You’re Wrong on Unmasked – 1318 hits
- RAINBOW – Rising – 1076 hits
- KISS – Alive II (Re-review) – 891 hits
- KISS – Kissworld / Re-review directory – 831 hits
- TRAILER PARK BOYS – Season 11 – 761 hits
- KISS – Unmasked (Re-review) – 727 hits
- #425: The Soup Nazi – 719 hits
- #774: The Original Mustard Tiger – 718 hits
The death of Eddie Van Halen caused October to be our best month ever, and helped push Van Halen to #1 this year as well as contributing to the record hits overall. The Van Halen Zero review is now the most popular thing I’ve ever written, having been read 12,294 times.
By comparison, the best-read “new” post this year was:
- AC/DC – “Shot in the Dark” – 574 views
I guess the message here is: recycle, recycle, recycle!
Hits by country in 2020: Top Five usual suspects – the same countries as last year, just in a barely different order!
What do these stats show us? The power of both Eddie Van Halen and a worldwide pandemic. I’m pleased that people chose to read my stuff at those times, but I’d give just about anything to get Eddie and our normal world back. Since I can’t, I can only tell you this: I don’t plan on stopping in 2021! And that’s about all I can say. 2020 taught us that life doesn’t give a shit about your plans. I had plans in 2021 and they didn’t involve sitting in this little space live streaming. This time there is no plan except give ‘er. The universe tends to unfold as it does.
I wish you nothing but peace, happiness and harmony in 2021. Let’s give ‘er together.