As always, I was asked to introduce songs at this year’s Sausagefest. I’d like to share some of them with you so you can get a taste of what I do for the Fest.
These four are only some of my favourites this year. I did 10 intros altogether and the longest was about nine minutes. That’s my actual favourite, but it was less about the track intro, and more about inside jokes that mean nothing to you. I also did a well-received Neil Peart tribute as part of my “Passage to Bankok” intro but you can just read it here as it was previously posted in its original text form.
Below is a medley of four intros and one outro. Some notes before you proceed:
- Because it’s 2020 and why the fuck not, I understand they did the countdown in reverse order this year. Starting at #1 going down to #100. I didn’t know that when I recorded these.
- I like to lift bits from cartoons like Rick & Morty and American Dad. You will hear some. These are not my original bits, just funny things that work as transitions from whatever Tom & Meat had going on before me.
- Afroman has been a point of contention. I do not believe Afroman has a place at Sausagefest but they vote it in every year and then make me introduce it. This year I fought back by putting in 0% effort. (50 second mark)
- Better than the Afroman intro was the outro which you will also hear. I “interviewed” Werner Herzog about Sausagefest and people that vote for Afroman. (2 minute 15 second mark)
- The Herzog bit was probably the most complex to edit. I downloaded random Werner interviews and found a perfect part where he was talking about chickens.*
- Getting Darth Vader on Cameo was a real stroke of luck! (3 minute 45 second mark)
* I had to surgically create the word “one” out of the word “chicken” in order for it to make sense. Now you’ll notice but before you wouldn’t.